Sunday, June 2, 2013

Looking back on Older writings

Looking back through my old writings has been a good exercise for me. It is hard to see growth sometimes, except in retrospect. But even then there were moments of joy and worship.




From Nov. 13th, 2008-

..."God chooses people He can depend on. He knew what to expect from Abraham and said of him, 'I have chosen him, ...that the Lord will bring about for Abraham what He has promised him.' (Gen 18:19) The Lord can be depended on, and He desires for us to be just as dependable, reliable, determined and stable. This is simply the meaning of faith.



"God is looking for people on whom He can place the entire weight of His love, power, and faithful promises. And He is strong enough to pull any weight I may attach to Him. Sadly, I have often used an undersized cable to tie on. The resulting discipline is often painful. May I learn my lessons well and then stand firm."



Enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment