Saturday, March 20, 2010

Easter Again!!!

As Easter approaches there is so much going through my head, not all of it befitting the holiest season of my faith. Depression dogs my step. Homeless, hungry, alone, fighting cancer for the second time in less than a year - my body is tired. And my spirit grows weary.

My faith, and the material I choose to read, remind me that trouble in every form it takes is a messenger from God, bringing something He wants for me. The richest of blessings I have received are fruits of the sorrow and pain I have experienced. I have nothing to show for many of these blessings, but they are here, held deeply inside and looking for avenues to pass through me to others.

I pray that I never forget that redemption, the world's greatest blessing, is the fruit of the world's greatest sorrow. The deep pruning I have received, am receiving, comes at the Hand of The Gardener, my Father in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment