Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I Stand Transformed - Old writing

I wrote this about my son, and about the way he has blossomed (such a feminine word to describe a true man) since meeting my new daughter-in-law. I will write one for her soon, well, as soon as the words are given to me.

I have learned to lean entirely on God for my words now. I destroyed my old blog site (and this poem, too) in a fit of anger, and God took my words away. We have since made up, but that is rather obvious since I am writing again. And I have promised to write what He gives me, and to stop editing Him. That was our battle before. I didn't want my name attached to some of the things I was to say. But no longer. Say I'm crazy if you will. But He knows better than I what lies ahead. Maybe another song? Please??

Entirely, as spring consumes the snow,
the thought of you consumes me: I am found
in rivulets, dissolved to what I know
of former winters' passions. Underground,
perhaps one slender icicle remains
of what I was before, in some dark cave -
a stalactite, long calcified, now drains
to sodden pools where milky liquid laves
the colder rock and washes something clean
that never saw the light, that never knew
the crust could break above, that light could stream
so luminous,
so bright,
so beautiful...
I lie revealed, and so I stand transformed,
and all because you smiled on me, and warmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment