Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Less to Say

...You will see neither wind nor rain, yet this valley will be filled with water, and you, your cattle and your other animals will drink. This is an easy thing in the eyes of the Lord... (2 Kings 3:17-18)

Is anything too hard for the Lord?
(Gen 18:14)

The phrase from 2 Kings follows some specific instructions delivered by the prophet Elisha and ends with some equally specific promises. Directives and promises: the Lord will graciously provide for His people, but they must respond to His Word in faith and obedience. The preceding verse (v.16) states, This is what the Lord says... His request that we act in faith.

In my own life God has intervened in miraculous ways, and still I balk. For those who follow baseball, the term balk has become another gray area. I can do nothing about baseball, but I can do something about the way I respond to His asking that I step out in faith. Especially since Nothing is too hard for the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment