Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Stories From Cancer Survivors #1

"Before I got sick I was very certain of everything. I knew what I wanted and when I wanted it. Most of the time I knew what I had to do to get it, too. I walked around with my hand outstretched saying, 'I want an apple.' Many times life would give me a pomegranate instead. I was always so disappointed that I wouldn't look at it to see what it was. I don't think I was capable of seeing what it was. I had the world divided into two categories; 'Apple' and 'not-Apple.' If it wasn't an apple it was only a not-apple. I don't see things like that anymore. I like pomegranates."

1 comment:

  1. I love this . I enjoy your writing and have missed it. I have a little time to catch up now and I am inspired this morning by your words.

    ReplyDelete