Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A Dark Day

There are times when everything looks dark to me - so dark that I have to wait before I have hope. Waiting with hope is very difficult, but true patience is expressed when I must even wait for hope.

At times I see nothing but the darkness of night through my window. But I refuse to close the blinds because a star may appear. Refusing to allow the empty place in my heart to be filled by anything but God's best has been, is, the greatest test of patience in the universe.

Patience is teaching me that while I see nothing but sorrow in my cup, I will wait to drink from it, for His eyes see further than mine.

Father, give me your Divine power, the strength to wait for hope, to look through the window when there are no stars, even when my joy is gone. You have made waiting beautiful and patience divine. Teach me how to accept your will for my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment