Thursday, January 13, 2011

The God of My (Not Quite) Understanding

In my walk with God it is becoming clear the only thing He wants to be clear is the way He deals with me. I am baffled by the sorrows and trials in the lives of others. As soon as I feel I have a grasp on someone else's problems, God will reveal the same shortcoming in my life.

The Spirit is hard at work to expose vast areas of stubbornness, pride and ego in me. And until I quiet all my pseudo-intellectual ramblings and get with Him, I get no peace.
When He gets me alone, through suffering, heartbreak, disappointment, temptation, thwarted desires, broken friendships - when He has me to Himself, speechless - He will reveal myself to me and from there He leads me to a better relationship with "The One Who Has All Power."

No comments:

Post a Comment