Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Sufi Story - Part II

It has been my experience that whenever I am struggling with some aspect of my life, such as a painful decision, or a recalcitrant and stubborn part of me, a peculiar thing will happen. God will spontaneously place people in my life who are facing the same inner demons or issues. Or even more strangely, He will position me in a place where I can open up to someone who has successfully dealt with the problem.

Oddly, these instruments of God (I will not call them tools. That has a negative connotation from my childhood.) are completely unaware of how crucial their impact is on my experience of life. In relating their struggle, they offer insight to myself and my battle. Often, a single sentence or thought will cut through my cluttered mind, and free me.

God's like that. He continues to recognize my needs way ahead of me, and at the moment I am ready to face these things He springs His surprise. Somewhat uncanny, that God of mine; Omniscient, Omnipresent and Omnipowerful. Maybe He'll see fit to use me that way someday. But I hope it's behind my back. My head swells too easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment