Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Acknowledge What's Important

Deep within, you know that the only thing that's truly important is being in alignment with God. Therefore, anything that is not of God (fear, worry, shame, anger, etc.) isn't deserving of your attention.

Experience has shown me that waking up, that healing, is not a process of the intellect. It is not something I can undertake with my thinking self. I must fully engage the life God has placed me in. I must look deeply inside my nature, with Christ as my guide, and awaken to the reasons I devote so much attention to my suffering (fear, worry, shame, anger, etc.), to begin to uncover and explore the nature of my Christian self.

If I have to avoid my suffering in order to experience happiness, then this is not true happiness. It is not possible to be truly happy unless I am in contact with all aspects of the being I was created as. As I embrace all aspects of my life, the story I find myself in, I can even welcome the aspects that are not of God and embrace the healing that comes from accepting myself as I am and just living, growing in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment