Thursday, February 4, 2010

Life In The Shadows

In the shadow of his hand he hid me; he made me into a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver. (Isa 492)

"In the shadow" - I don't want to be in the shadow. I want to be at the forefront. I don't want to be held in reserve, paced in a quiver for later use. Put me in the sunlight. Give me a task equal to my desires!

I must assume He knows better than I because, to date, I have made an absolute mess of my life in trying to run my own show. But still, it is the shadow of God's hand, and there are lessons that can only be learned there, only be learned where He leads.

The photograph of His face can only be developed in the darkroom. He has not pushed me aside but has placed me "in his quiver." He has not thrown me away as something worthless. I am on the back of the greatest Warrior, within reach of His hand, until the moment comes when He sends me on a task to bring Him glory. A quiver is closely tied to a warrior, and jealously guarded.

No comments:

Post a Comment