Wednesday, February 24, 2010

More old postings

In July and August of 2007 I wrote a poem trying to express my feelings for my wife. I regret that I never gave it to her. The marriage failed, but my feelings remain, leaving me caught in the hell of finally having experienced exactly what I always wanted, and then destroying it. I remain firmly and unshakably in love with her.

From 1Corinthians 13.
I have read this chapter daily for nearly two years now. The message is the same whether read from the NIV, NKJV, The Message, the NLT, the NAS or any other translation or paraphrase. Along with each reading comes a new realization, a new emotion. It would be so wrong to say I have any better perspective on love than in the past, but I have more insight into the nature of love than I did.

Love Never Fails


love is not proud.
love does not boast.
love is of course
what matters the most.

love does not run.
love does not hide.
love does not keep
when locked up inside.
love is a river that flows through.
love never fails you.

love will sustain.
love will provide.
love will not cease
'till the end of time.

love will protect.
love always hopes.
love still believes
even when you don't.
love is the arms that are holding you.
love never fails you.

love is right here, love is alive,
love is the way
you will survive.

love is a place you will fly to,
love never fails you.

No comments:

Post a Comment