Friday, February 12, 2010

Rejoicing Over Small Things

A chicken salad sandwich and a hot shower acted in concert today to bolster some terrifically sagging spirits. Even my pen had failed me lately, literally. I had used some cheap ink recently and it clogged my pen. Without proof-of-purchase, even pens that are warranted for life are just another piece of junk. So much for trying to buy quality, second-hand.

Trying to save a dollar has too often cost me more in the long run, a lesson I must continue to relearn, I guess. I am a slow learner in some areas. I must continually repeat some mistakes. Trusting in God to see me through difficult situations is one of those lessons.

Therapy-interfering behaviors are anther area of my life that I struggle with. In sixth grade I entered my fifth new school, and I had not attended kindergarten. Always the new kid, not having a support group or even a supportive family, I learned I would need to rely on my intelligence and wits to fit into any new surroundings.

The net result is that trusting in an unseen God is next to impossible at times. But it gets easier over time. A few hours of work following a night of prayer asking Him to provide my next meals is all the proof I need today that He does listen, and care. New funding for Behavioral Health provides the medication I need for mental/emotional stability after a 5 week lapse in availability. And worship today gave me such an overpowering sense of His presence tat it brought tears to my eyes.

Yes, He does hear us, and He loves us.

No comments:

Post a Comment