Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Confusion About Cognitive Dysregulation and Parasuicidal Behaviors

What the heck does this even mean? As part of my commitment to recovery, personal growth and the therapy I am undergoing there are large quantities of information being thrown at me, and the terms are unnecessarily complex. The meanings are actually simple concepts - being taught by people who, I think, are trying to sound more intellectual than they need be.

Apologetics, Pre, Post, or Amillennial, Dogmatism, Eschatology; words such as these are bandied about in churches by preachers who, I think, are trying to sound more spiritually intellectual than they need to be. Complicated terms used to describe simple enough concepts if explained in common vocabulary, serve to cause me a feeling of being less than or not as connected with God as I want to be (or want to believe I am). Where is the simplicity of the message of the Gospel? Where has the Good News of Christ gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment