Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Backpacking Again - Blog Transfer

Sept. 13, 2009

Miles from anywhere, I have backpacked my way into paradise again! I can almost imagine what Eden would have been like, or at least felt like to Adam. Had it been half as nice as this it would have been painful to leave.

"In the morning... come up... Present yourself to me on top of the mountain." (Ex 34:2)

I slept without a sleeping bag last night, not owning one. While I was cold and slept fitfully, it kept me in prayer throughout the night, and looking forward to daybreak. I had special plans for the sunrise, atop a peak in the Carmel River headwaters. I wanted to spend sunrise in prayer and worship.

The morning is the time I have set aside to meet with the Lord. "Morning" - the very word itself is ripe, like the cluster of grapes I give thanks for. It is crisp as the bread I consecrate to my Savior on this most delicious fall morning.

This is when God wants me at my best in strength and hope, so that I may begin my daily climb, not in weakness, but in strength. Last night I buried yesterdays' fatigue, and this morning I take in a new supply of energy, resolve, courage, faith, hope and love.

When my first victory of the day is won in morning prayer the entire day is won over to my Lord. Holy is the day when dawn finds me on a mountaintop with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment