Thursday, April 15, 2010

Still Crazy

I listened to my second song again this morning. I say my song, as if I had anything to do with the process of setting a poem I wrote to music. The real craft in the music. I wrote a poem in complete despair of lost love, someone else crafted a song from that. It brought tears to my eyes and a smile to my lips to hear those words and notes, and recall how important the inspiration for those words was in my life. I still have a gaping wound from the process of losing that.

But the glory goes to God, for it has been the lessons He led me through that have taught me how to express my thoughts and emotions. By myself, I have never written anything of value. The hardest of the lessons? To trust in Him completely, as if my life depended on it. Because it does.

Until recently, I never fully understood the fragility of life, or just how precious this gift He gives. But I get it now. I understand more of the meaning of His words. I believe His advice that I need to be "in" this world and not "of" it. And my increased faith pleases Him. "Without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him." (Heb 11:6)

No comments:

Post a Comment