Thursday, April 29, 2010

Learning to Fly

"He guarded him... like an eagle that stirs up its nest and hovers over its young, that spreads its wings to catch them and carries them on its pinions. The Lord alone led him..." (Deut 32:10-12)

What a picture of love this is! God as a parent who delights in watching us grow up and learn to trust in the wings He has given us. He leads us to the edge of the precipice and nudges us into the void of thin air. He does that, not to frighten me, but to show me an as-yet-unrealized power to fly that adds to the comfort and joy of my life. He likes to see me soar.

But if, in my attempt to fly, I am exposed to some extraordinary peril, He is prepared to swoop beneath me, and carry me skyward on His mighty wings. Whenever He has allowed me to a position of unparalleled difficulty, I can always count on Him for deliverance!

No comments:

Post a Comment